christyherself

Christy Herself

...now officially on booklikes

Apprivoisé

Apprivoisé - Arden Aoide Apprivoisé is actually a set of three novellas: Dishabille, Morphoses, and Force Majeure. I had already completed Dishabille several months ago and loved it, and decided to move forward with the other two.

There are so many good things about this set it is hard to know where to begin. I will start with what most erotica readers want to know - are the sex scenes hot? YES. Yes, they are. I re-read Dishabille and had forgotten how seriously sexy it was. To the point I had to put it down to remember to breathe and to cool down. And the sex scenes in Morphoses and Force Majeure will not disappoint either. It took me several days to get through the three, mainly because ... well I'm a single woman alone. That much erotic sex all in one fell swoop probably would have caused me to spontaneously combust.

And the writing? Wonderful. I love the author's style, her way with words. While reading Dishabille, I identified with Dahlia. Then I read Force Majeure, and the struggle that Evan was going through also resonated with me. This all came due to the author's ability, with her writing style, to tap into the character's feelings which felt so much like my own.

Finally, the characters. You have some independent, fairly well off people in these books. However, you still have people who have to get up and go to work every day. Not that I don't love some of my millionaires in other erotica I read - because I do. But this series was refreshing. You have men who are not the super alpha male types; they have moments of uncertainty. It was kind of nice to read men who didn't know exactly the right thing to do or say at the opportune times.

Bottom line, loved this set. LOVED. Make sure you have either have your man, your toy, or both ready while reading.