christyherself

Christy Herself

...now officially on booklikes

Anissa's Redemption: A Young Woman's Saga from War in Syria to Love in NY Continues (The Syrian Virgin Series Book 2) - Zack Love The story takes over from where The Syrian Virgin left off. Anissa is dealing with her feelings about Julien and Michael, while also dealing with moving forward with her college education, as well as worrying about the fate of her family who are in Raqqa.

Some of the issues? Julien's past, which he does not wish to speak to anyone about, including his therapist - specifically, after Anissa finally reveals the truth of her past to him. While he knows that the relationship he has with Anissa is special, Julien's past is one that he wants to open up to Anissa about, slowly. The two of them work on ways that Julien can show that he trusts Anissa while not opening up completely (at first), but their effort backfires and causes even more turmoil between the two of them.

Further, Anissa's sister ends up in a very dangerous situation - and Anissa needs the help of both Julien and Michael in order to assist Maria.

It is hard for me to express how much I enjoyed these two books. Not only are you getting the love story, but you are also being educated about the turmoil in the Middle East, and the atrocities that are happening there. What some people have to endure there, in their home towns, is frightening. You cannot help but want to be like the characters in the book, and find a way to educate people about what is happening. Without wanting to find ways yourself to help in any way possible.

Once again, I found it hard to put the book down. I was drawn into the story, which had a few twists I really did not see coming. I enjoy the characters and like them - and I am totally #teamJulien. There, I said it - I picked a side. Really, I picked that side while reading the first book.

I recommend this book for anyone who enjoys a good, entertaining, interesting story. I recommend it for those who simply want to learn more about our world as well.