christyherself

Christy Herself

...now officially on booklikes

Silent Whisper

Silent Whisper - Andrea  Smith This book start with Parrish, a model who has a minor crash into a cemetery in a locale she is shooting in. She sees a female and asks for the woman's help, only to pass out...

Then we are taken back in time to 1986. Here, we meet Karlee, who was orphaned at ten, raised by foster parents, and with her friend Lana ends up working at the local brothel. There she meets Nick - who doesn't share much about who he is initially. He is different than the other johns, and sometimes pays to keep her all night. Eventually, Karlee becomes his mistress as he is married, unable to divorce because he is Catholic and due to family pressure not to - oh, and his family is also the mob.

Dominic (Nick) truly falls in love with Karlee, and she with him though there are reasons she shouldn't have because of his family. I'm not giving everything away! Eventually, they become star crossed lovers, he turns on his family, and as Karlee drives to see him after being separated for one year, she dies in a car crash.

Karlee is the woman that Parrish sees in the cemetery. And Karlee needs Parrish's help to tie up lose ends so she can no longer be in limbo.

I really, really liked this book. I enjoyed the romance, I enjoyed the supernatural elements, and I enjoyed the mystery that also has to be solved. This book was very hard to put down, because you are dying to know the real story. Again, I'm not giving anything away, but there is a twist that I didn't see coming. I like to think I'm good at figuring out the mysteries I read, but there were a couple of things I didn't see coming at all.

The only thing I would have liked to have gotten more of was Dominic. It was hard to connect to him to see why Karlee had fallen in love with him. But in the end...well, you just have to read it for yourself!

To me, this book had all the genres I love to read in one: mystery, romance, and some supernatural/paranormal elements. If you are a fan of any of these, you should definitely read this book.