christyherself

Christy Herself

...now officially on booklikes

Lowcountry Boneyard

Lowcountry Boneyard - Susan M. Boyer This is the third in the Liz Talbot Mystery Series, and the first one I’ve read. I was able to read it as a stand alone without any issues.

The stories are set in South Carolina, which serves very well for this novel. Liz owns a detective agency with her partner, Nate, who lives in Greenville while she lives in Stella Maris. They are a bit of an item as well. She also has another partner in the form of Colleen, a friend who is dearly departed and serves as her “guardian angel” (in a sense).

The story starts as Liz is hired by an influential Charleston family to find their daughter who has been missing for a month. With this being a mystery, I don’t want to give anymore away than what you read in the synopsis.

All I can say is – I must now purchase all the other books in this series as this is one of the best mysteries I’ve read. I loved the characters, their interactions with each other, the locale. I even loved reading about how Liz takes her notes and organizes them (yea I’m a bit of a nerd when it comes to organizing things). Her family is also a great set of characters, specifically her father who acts like a true Southern father should, what with guns and shovels and fire at his disposal.

This is a mystery that grabs you from the start and makes you want to keep reading until you find out everything. The writing is smart, funny, and interesting. To be a mystery writer has got to be a huge challenge, and Susan M. Boyer meets that challenge.

Will Liz and Nate find out what happened to the daughter? Will they be able to work out the differences their long distance relationship has? Will her dad get rid of the rats inhabiting his backyard? Buy the book and find out!