christyherself

Christy Herself

...now officially on booklikes

Untitled

Untitled - Tiffany Reisz This book starts in present day, and Nora, Søren, Kingsley and Juliette are in Scotland for a wedding. Of course, this leads to story telling. The Virgin tells the story of the year when Nora and Kingsley both disappeared from Søren's life, after Nora and Kingsley were forced to deal with a situation on their own then had to tell Søren what happened. Søren, being Søren, issued edicts which did not sit well with either Nora or Kingsley and each of them set out separately, spending a year away from home.

Nora turns to her mother, who is now a nun, and asks and is allowed to stay at the convent. Nora does menial tasks to "pay her way", but mainly she needs time to think and evaluate her life. There she meets a young nun, new to the convent, and the develop a relationship that changes Nora and sets forth another path for her outside that of The Eighth Circle.

Kingsley also travels and finds himself in Haiti, where he stumbles across Juliette on the beach. He is immediately fascinated by her - but she doesn't seem to share his fascination. At first. Kingsley pursues her, and learns the secrets of her life and vows to make her his, and to bring her back home to his kingdom.

What can I say other than I am totally in love with all these characters, and the more we learn about their past and how it shapes who they have become, the more I find myself in love with them. If you have read this series, then you know exactly what I mean. This story is especially touching, because you feel Nora's fear and anger with Søren, as well as Kingsley's.

You will be fascinated by the young nun who is unlike any person you've read about before.

You will also have a new found respect for Juliette, and the things she suffered before Kingsley came into her life. There are times when you are holding you breath, wondering if she will be brave and follow Kingsley - even though we all know this as well.

And who is getting married? You'll have to read the story to find out for yourself.

Another wonderful, wonderful book from Tiffany Reisz. There were current day scenes between Søren and Nora that will have you laughing as well (imagine Søren in a kilt? SWOON). What will I do after the last book is published??

The Virgin generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Watch my blog on Monday, March 30 to enter a giveaway to win a Kindle copy of The Virgin.