christyherself

Christy Herself

...now officially on booklikes

Beauty and the Mustache

Beauty and the Mustache - Penny Reid I think my life has been changed by this book.

Maybe that's a bit too dramatic of a way to say how much I freaking loved this book. LOVED, I say. Is there a stronger word to use to express the feelings I had as I read this, and after I read it? I'm sure there is but "love" is a good, strong word for it.

I adored Ashley. She was funny and down to earth. How many of us have gone for days without taking care of ourselves when there are more pressing things to deal with (like reading haha)? I adored her and maybe it is because I am at that stage where I just don't think love is in the cards for me, but I am going to keep my ereader filled with book boyfriends to make up for it. There are times when reading romances, even the ones I like, when a heroine will make me roll my eyes because they act, for lack of a better word, dumb. Ashley passed my eye roll test.

Love may not suffice how I feel about Drew. Idolize? Lusting after? I WANT HIM. Okay, yes, yes, I love him! This man has flaws, of course - but he is smart. Smart men are a big thing for me. They are my favorite. Not only is he smart, and dreamy, and manly, but he is a POET. There is a section in the book when you get to read his poetry, and you get all tingly with the feelings of love and romance. JUST WONDERFUL.

I cannot, CANNOT recommend this book enough. You are going to have all the feels from it: you will truly laugh out loud (she has SIX brothers - enough said), you will get teary eyed, you will want to pound Drew's chest with frustration... sigh.

This is Book 4 in the Knitting in the City series, but it was the first I read (I have the others and will be reading them post haste), and it can be read as a stand alone.

I expect you all to go to Amazon, or Barnes and Noble, or wherever and purchase this book now. NOW. Quit lollygagging!!