christyherself

Christy Herself

...now officially on booklikes

Dare to Touch

Dare to Touch - Carly Phillips First, I really feel that readers should read the first book in this series, and see some of the interaction between Olivia and Dylan in the first book. Then you will understand why the book opens with such an intense, hot scene. Plus, the first book in this series is HOT.

Second, I'm going to apologize for the brevity of this review. However, while this book is not bad...neither is it something that has stayed with me after I finished. I had to look at the synopsis above to even remember the hero's name.

The writing is good, and the love/sex scenes can be steamy. But it feels to me like (I can't believe I'm saying this and I know you will be shocked too) there are too many sex scenes. I know. I can't believe I'm saying it. But when you find yourself as a reader feeling aggravated that there is "another sex scene" because you want to get to the meat of the matter between the two (Olivia's insecurities due to her past with her father and an ex), then something isn't quite right.

Again, it isn't a bad book at all. And I love Carly Phillips, I do! I really want to read Scott's story! However, this particular Dare story just lacked something for me, personally.